Fertility/Pregnancy Supplement Plan
These supplements aren't a prerequisite for getting healthy, and I never thought supplements were necessary, but I am now a true believer; they have helped all of my clients heal so much faster.
Please make sure to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces, but not during meals. I also suggest trying some quantum biology to help heal your cells and mitochondria like:
- Drink ice-cold water to help shrink the mitochondria and make them more efficient. And drink lots of it. I shoot for 1 gallon of water a day.
- Add cold therapy: cold showers, ice baths, soaking feet in ice water, or dunking face in ice water. Cold therapy also helps shrink mitochondria and also is excellent for healing and recovery.
- Get sunlight in the morning and block blue light in evening: no gadgets 6 pm onwards. iPhones also have a “Nightshift” setting to reduce blue light in the evenings.
ADD IN THESE SUPPLEMENTS:
15 MINUTE TO 1 HOUR BEFORE BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER:
- 1 capsule of probiotic (TAKE 3 TIMES A DAY for 1 week, then back down to just once a day). Encourages growth of beneficial microflora in the small intestine. Protects the mucosal barrier from increased permeability. Promotes healthy mucosal and systemic immune responses. It helps increase SEROTONIN, which increases mood and decreases cravings which helps stay on the "healthified" way of eating easier. It helps with intestinal flora: relieves bowel irritation and related functional discomforts. Probiotics are the "good" or "friendly" bacteria that are normal inhabitants of the intestinal tract. Boosts immune system (everyone in my family takes this everyday (even my 2 year old) bifido is found naturally in breast milk). It improves digestion of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Promotes regular bowel movements which slow in the third trimester.
- 50mg Zinc: The average American consumes less than 10 mg of zinc per day, far less than what is required for normal sugar metabolism or the other functions of zinc in the body. Zinc is also essential for keeping a healthy immune system, building proteins, triggering enzymes, and creating DNA (a deficiency can cause birth defects). Zinc also helps the cells in your body communicate by functioning as a neurotransmitter. A deficiency in zinc can lead to low thyroid, stunted growth, diarrhea, acne, impotence, hair loss, eye and skin lesions, impaired appetite, and depressed immunity. A zinc deficiency is a huge issue with salty cravings or craving a bite of sweetness after each meal. I suggest 30-50mg at breakfast...please note that as you increase zinc, it can cause nausea so slowly increase. Start with 15mg a day for a week, and then double it the next week, increase again until you are at 50mg/day.
200mg potassium: Since you lose a lot of sodium through the diuretic effect of a low-carb diet, you’ll eventually lose a lot of potassium as well. Keeping your potassium levels up helps to safeguard your lean muscle mass during weight loss. Also, just as with sodium, adequate potassium prevents cramping and fatigue. A deficiency in potassium causes low energy, heavy legs, salt cravings, dizziness, and you may cry easily. Causes of low potassium would be dehydration from having diarrhea, sweating, and low carb diets that are not well formulated.
5000iu Vitamin D (if your levels are less than 50) along with Vitamin K (always take vitamin K if you take vitamin D). Low levels of vitamin D can cause low moods, hormone issues, and many other things such as insulin resistance.
Please listen to this on why K2 is important: http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/the-llvlc-show-episode-703-dr-kate-rheaume-bleue-shines-light-on- vitamin-k2-and-calcium-paradox/19058
- 1 capsule B-Complex: B vitamins are important for many physiological functions such as adrenal hormone production and energy metabolism. Pantothenic acid is converted into coenzyme A, which is necessary for the body’s production of energy. B- vitamins builds the baby’s spinal cord. (also b vitamins are our anti-stress vitamins!)
Selenium: Also, adding in selenium which essential for the conversion of T4 to T3, which is the active form of thyroid hormone. You can eat 2 to 3 Brazil nuts a day or to ensure the proper amount, I recommend you can take a supplement. During pregnancy, the immune system starts to change and circulate to protect the fetus. Once the fetus is born, the mother develops antibodies against her thyroid. In this case, adding 200mcg selenium while pregnant is not only very safe for the mother and fetus, it also lowers the autoimmune response after giving birth.
Prenatal Vitamin: to cover all bases. Choose the one with dha for baby's brain development
Then for vit c : helps loosen stools
- 400mg CoQ10: STATINS DEPLETE YOU OF COQ10! It is for mitochondria building, this is the “powerhouse” of your cells. People mistakenly think that they need to exercise to create a calorie deficit in order to lose weight. This is not how exercise helps with weight loss. Exercise builds muscle and muscle builds mitochondria. It is in the mitochondria where fat is oxidized so you can keep your cells and liver insulin sensitized.
- Kelp (a SUPER sea vegetable) : ALL of our hormones NEED iodine to function. Over 80% of the US is deficient in iodine causing: sluggish and tired, have difficulty losing weight, have dry skin, hair loss, constipation or cold sensitivity, miscarriages, poor brain development in children.
1 TBS coconut oil: 3 times a day:
- 1capsule Vitamin C : helps loosen stools
AT LUNCH AND DINNER:
- 200mg potassium (lunch only)
- 1 TBS coconut oil: 3 times a day
- 1 capsule Vitamin C (if needed to loosen stools more)
1 HOUR BEFORE BEDTIME
1.400-800mg Magnesium Glycinate: It is a very absorbable form of magnesium that helps relax vessels (don't buy magnesium oxide!). Magnesium decrease muscle pain/ decrease headaches/cravings/decrease PMS. Magnesium is a mineral that is critical for energy production and metabolism, muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, and bone mineralization. It is a required cofactor for an estimated 300 enzymes. Among the reactions catalyzed by these enzymes are fatty acid synthesis, protein synthesis, and glucose metabolism. Magnesium status is also important for the regulation of calcium balance through its effects on the parathyroid gland.
ADDING Organic bone broth (homemade) FEW TIMES A DAY WILL HELP WITH ENERGY! When you first start your well-formulated low- carb lifestyle and you notice if you stand up quickly and get dizzy or feel faint, you are dehydrated! Just drinking water isn’t going to work like it would with a high carbohydrate diet.
You need to add more sodium! You can add more salt to your food, drink bone broth or take sodium tablets. Salt is not the evil nutrient that your doctor warns you about. You’ve got to start thinking differently. Just like understanding that eating more fat lowers your cholesterol, understanding that a well-formulated low carb diet requires more a lot more sodium.
I know there are a lot of supplements but our food supply no longer has been grown in good soil and since you are no longer going to eat packaged foods that have just been “fortified” with vitamins and minerals, the veggies and real foods just can’t fuel your body to the maximum capacity of what you need (for things like magnesium and zinc for example). Even orange juice and skim milk are fortified with vitamin D (which is dumb because vitamin D is fat-soluble and you need fat to have it be absorbed).
I will always take probiotics or eat fermented foods (as well as my 2 and 4 year old take it daily) and magnesium (as well as my kids). IT takes 54mg of magnesium to process 1 gram of sugar (and we know starch = sugar too). SO most people are very magnesium deficient. I suggest taking these ongoing. Hope that helps!
Please always check with your primary health care provider before starting any supplement regime. More importantly, it is critical to monitor your numbers and levels of which you are on medication for; acid reflux medications, insulin, thyroid medication, blood pressure, whatever it may be. With this diet and specific supplements, you begin to heal and most of my clients no longer need medications.